The great US Senator Zell Miller said at the 2002 NRA Annual meeting: “I got my first gun - a 20-gauge Stevens - when I was twelve years old, and since that time I`ve accumulated quite a few others. Like many of you, I`ve got more guns than I need but not as many as I want.” A great point and one that most of us can relate to.
With Father’s Day approaching fast we felt it was important to remind you of the top 10 reasons to buy a firearm for your dad.
1. Firearms bring enjoyment. The biggest smiles seen are when someone hits a bull’s eye, shatters the flying skeet target or harvests their first whitetail or rabbit. The firearm they used was purchased by someone. It may have been a Father’s Day gift.
2. Firearms teaches respect and responsibility. There are many aspects of being a gun owner including firearms safety, storage and maintenance just to mention a few.
3. Firearms usually increase in value and with all the rhetoric regarding stricter gun laws their values continue to climb. Very rarely will a firearm decrease in value. Leave family firearms for your children and grandchildren. Start a family tradition.
4. Firearms create the need to brush up on math and problem-solving skills. Foot pounds of energy, velocity and trajectory will become common vocabulary.
5. Firearms can teach of us the days of old. Stories from the old west or battles from the civil war just to mention a few. Throughout history firearms have played a pivotal role in our freedom.
6. Firearms help fuel the US economy. According to NSSF numbers, “In fact, in 2021, the firearms and ammunition industry was responsible for as much as $70.52 billion in total economic activity in the country.”
7. Firearms create jobs. More than 310,000 full time American jobs are related directly to firearms. Per the NSSF, “Companies in the United States that manufacture, distribute, and sell firearms, ammunition, and hunting equipment employ as many as 149,113 people in the country and generate an additional 161,795 jobs in supplier and ancillary industries.”
8. Firearms can be your source of food. Hunting can provide healthy lean meat for both you and your family.
9. Firearms equal protection for you, family, and friends from this lawless world we live in.
10. Firearms provide family time. Time spent shooting and hunting with family and friends.
So, take a few moments and browse the large selection of firearms on Sportsman Fulfillment website and purchase your dad a firearm. SHOP SPORTSMAN FULFILLMENT Make it a Father’s Day that his grandchildren can talk about someday as they fondly handle the firearm that was passed down through the generations.
Just a hint. Fathers it may be a good idea to share this article with your children.
Demands For changes to 2A Common Sense or Nonsense?